Updated March 2, 2018
Interns for the Future
In partnership with ACPA/National, we will be seeking a highly motivated student for a twelve-week internship program to work for the Chapter during the 2019 summer. This will be both a learning and a work experience, giving our intern the opportunity to experience different aspects of the Pennsylvania concrete pavement industry, including where technology meets construction, performing work on important special projects, and developing important career skills such as developing reports and making presentations to industry/agency groups.
Candidates must have completed at least two years of study at an accredited University that has a strong reputation in the areas of concrete, materials, pavement engineering, or construction management. The candidate will need to have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and an expressed interest in the field of concrete paving, be a resident of or willing to locate to Pennsylvania for the summer, and be open to occasional travel.
Please visit our site at a later time for details on how to apply.
Financial Support for our Interns
Funding for out interns will come from the following sources:
- Diamond Sponsorship ($10,000/year for any ACPA/PA member company).
- Contributions from the Innovative Pavement Research Foundation (IPRF), a 501(c)3 corporation founded by the ACPA for educational and scientific purposes.
- Your 100% tax-deductible contribution, which will be matched dollar for dollar by the IPRF. For more information about our internship program and for a contribution form, please click here for a copy of the Internship Program Brochure.
Pennsylvania Concrete Conference Poster Session
Our annual conference, held during the week of President’s Day, includes the opportunity for any college student to display and present a poster on any concrete pavement or concrete materials related topic that would be of interest to the transportation industry. We have attractive registration fees for any student presenting a poster; these reduced fees are also offered to a student’s academic advisor. Please contact us for more information.
Colleges & Universities
Below are Colleges and Universities located in Pennsylvania that offer programs in civil engineering & materials sciences. We recognize those marked (*) as supporters of ACPA/PA educational events.
- Bucknell University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Drexel University
- Lafayette College
- Lehigh University
- Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Pennsylvania Institute of Technology
- Pennsylvania State University (*)
- Swarthmore College
- Temple University
- University of Pittsburgh (*)
- Villanova University (*)
- Widener University
There are available plenty of good paying and rewarding careers in all facets of the transportation and construction industry. ACPA/PA is supportive of the efforts of the Transportation Quality Initiative that promotes careers in transportation. For more information about careers in engineering, please click here. For information about careers in the construction trade industries, please click here.