Updated July 1, 2023Interns for the Future ACPA/National continues to seek highly motivated students for a twelve-week internship program to work for one of the affiliated Chapter/State Concrete Pavement Associations during summer months. This will be both a learning and a work experience, giving our intern the opportunity to experience different aspects of the concrete pavement industry, including where technology meets construction, performing work on important special projects, and developing important career skills such as developing reports and making presentations to industry/agency groups. Candidates must have completed at least two years of study at an accredited University that has a strong reputation in the areas of concrete, materials, pavement engineering, or construction management. The candidate will need to have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and an expressed interest in the field of concrete paving and be open to occasional travel. Please visit our site at a later time for details on how to apply. Financial Support for our Interns Funding for interns will come from the following sources:
- Diamond Sponsorship ($10,000/year for any ACPA/PA member company).
- Contributions from the Innovative Pavement Research Foundation (IPRF), a 501(c)3 corporation founded by the ACPA for educational and scientific purposes.
- Your 100% tax-deductible contribution, which will be matched dollar for dollar by the IPRF. For more information about our internship program and for a contribution form, please click here for a copy of the Internship Program Brochure.
- Bucknell University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Drexel University (*)
- Lafayette College
- Lehigh University
- Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Pennsylvania Institute of Technology
- Pennsylvania State University (*)
- Swarthmore College
- Temple University (*)
- University of Pittsburgh (*)
- Villanova University
- Widener University