Updated May 18, 2020
CPR TRAINING (A three-part series presented by the CP Tech Center in collaboration with ACPA/PA).
- June 2 (1PM EDT) – Concrete Pavement Preservation I Concrete Pavement Management and Preservation – Preventive Maintenance including actual examples and case studies. Click the following to register. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2915183963939533328
- June 9 (1PM EDT) – Concrete Pavement Preservation II Concrete Pavement Evaluation and Strategy Selection with case studies. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6160846631622696976
- June 16 (1PM EDT) – Concrete Pavement Preservation III Concrete Pavement Preservation Treatment Construction with examples and case studies. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/407379360532547344
ADA PLANNING, DESIGNING & CONSTRUCTING
The CP Tech Center, in collaboration with the ACPA Pennsylvania Chapter, is offering a two-part series on ADA. You will have an ability to earn one PDH for each of the two sessions. Click HERE for the Webinar Flyer.
May 19 – Planning and Design ADA Guidelines for DOT, Cities and Municipalities
- 1:00 PM EDT This session is full
- 2:30 PM EDT https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1249320493965064971
May 26 – How States are Implementing PROWAG – Design and Construction: An In-Depth Look at Wisconsin and Missouri’s Approaches to ADA Compliance. In this webinar, we share a hands approach of the Planning and Design and turn it towards the Construction part of ADA. This session includes looking at real life projects in both Wisconsin and Missouri. Register for one of two sessions, not both.
CONCRETE OVERLAYS WEBINARS The CP Tech Center, in collaboration with the ACPA Pennsylvania Chapter, is offering a five-part series on Concrete Overlays. This program is a great way to stay current on PDH’s as well as increase your knowledge base about concrete pavement. The previous one-hour sessions have been pre-recorded, click below to access.
- Session 1, Click Introduction to Concrete Overlays (4/7/2020)
- Session 2, Click Evaluating Existing Pavements & Selecting the Right Overlay Type (4/14/2020)
- Session 3, Link coming soon Overlay Design Methodologies (recorded 4/21/20)
- Session 4, Link coming soon MPT and Construction (4/28/2020)
- Session 5, Maintenance & Repair of Overlays Click HERE for registration link (5/4/2020)
NHI WEB-BASED TRAINING
For a limited time, the National Highway Institute (NHI) is offering a free, five-part distance learning program, “Constructing Quality PCC Pavement Preservation Treatments.” The comprehensive program was developed under the auspices of the NHI through a cooperative agreement between the FHWA and the CP Tech Center. Click HERE to view the course selection and register.
ACPA/National and IGGA were instrumental in providing content for the courses, and we invested significant time and resources, providing information, images, and other support for the project. The online courses include the following topics:
- How to Construct Durable Full-Depth Repairs in Concrete Pavements (FHWA-NHI-134207A)
- How to Construct Durable Partial-Depth Repairs in Concrete Pavements (FHWA-NHI-134207B)
- Proper Diamond Grinding Techniques for Pavement Preservation (FHWA-NHI-134207C)
- Proper Construction Techniques for Dowel Bar Retrofit (DBR) and Cross-Stitching (FHWA-NHI-134207D)
- Proper Joint Sealing Techniques for Pavement Preservation (FHWA-NHI-134207E)
The program provides a total of 13.5 hours of online learning of pavement preservation methods and technologies. Courses are also available in English and Spanish.
FHWA CONCRETE CLIPS
The FHWA is offering 16 instructional videos in its “Concrete Clips” series. These videos cover a wide range of topics, including cement manufacturing, durability, workability, curing, testing, smoothness, materials tutorials, and more. The vides range in length between about 4 to 14 minutes. Check these out at the Concrete Clip Channel.
JUST-IN-TIME TRAINING (JIT2)
Both the Department and the Turnpike are including in major concrete paving projects a requirement that a four to six hour JIT2 session be conducted prior to placement of the first square yard of concrete pavement. If you would like for ACPA/PA to provide this training for your contract, please contact the Chapter at Penn@ACPA.org for a price quote.
Reference documents used in our JIT2 sessions include the following:
- Concrete Pavement Field Reference-Pre Paving Manual
- Concrete Pavement Field Reference-Paving Manual
- Concrete Pavement Field Reference-Preservation & Repair Manual
- IMCP Manual (new version)
- IMCP Manual (old version)
We of course perform JIT2 services for other projects as well. If you are an owner agency or a member of the Chapter, please let us know if we can be of assistance to you.
WARRANTY SEMINAR (2014)
The Chapter hosted a one-day training session on pavement warranties. Click HERE to view the recorded presentations from this event.
LONG-LIFE CONCRETE PAVEMENT WEBINAR (2011)
The Chapter hosted a three-hour webinar in advance of the first Long Life Concrete Pavement project advertised for bid in Pennsylvania. Presentations included an overview of long-life concrete pavement, practices from other states, and one contractor’s experience with LLCP. Come back soon to watch parts or all of this session.